Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reflections on the first 3 months of the bet

March Summary:
Ate out or ordered delivery a total of 12 times which is an improvement once again from the previous month. I was surpised when I saw this total because I thought we ate out a lot this month. I did spend a lot more money eating out this month because pretty much all the restaurants we went to resulted in a +$100 bill. I also lost credit card roulette on the biggest bill of the month so that is included here. In all I spent around $1070 on eating out. 

So I am now 3 months into the bet and I feel pretty good about my chances of making it all the way. There were some rough patches in the beginning and I do still constantly get cravings for taco bell, chick fil a and other random places that I can't eat. I should have some interesting situations coming up in the near future. We are going to Boston next week from the 7th to the 12th so travelling again might present some challenges. Luckily it is a much shorter drive. At the end of May I go to Vegas for a week so once again I'll be faced with the challenge of 7 days away from home. The most difficult part of the bet is staying focused on paying attention to every single thing I eat because if I slip up once it is all over. 

I hope over the next 9 months to improve my eating habits even more than I already have while still being able to enjoy eating as much as I do. It's going to be important for me to find a balance once this bet is over and not just immediately go back to eating fast food every day. I'm looking forward to buying a house with a nice big kitchen around October or so. I think that will help with making meals at home rather than having to go out to eat. Also, I will be able to cook on the grill which is one of my favorite things to do. 

I hope to find some time to do some more top ten lists because I understand that for those of you who check this regularly it gets boring just reading what I'm eating every day. 

91 days down.. 274 more to go

No comments:

Post a Comment