Friday, April 10, 2009

4.8- 4.14- Boston Trip Report

4.8
Thomas cinnamon raisin bagel with butter
Leftover Turkey and egg noodles
Made another sandwich with the leftover piece of grilled chicken
We left for Boston around 5 or so and made it to New Haven, CT around 9 where we met my friend from college, Adrienne. We went to the world famous Frank Pepe Pizzeria.
We split a pizza with half veggie special which was onion, spinach, broccoli, peppers and mushroom and half onion and pepperoni. It was absoutely delicious. We got in to our hotel around 11 pm. 

4.9
For breakfast we ordered room service. We got a tomato basil omelette with home fries and wheat toast and banana pancakes and we split everything in half. They also had some of the best tasting orange juice I've ever had. 
Ate a couple of leftover slices of pizza for lunch. 
For dinner we went to an Irish Pub called Mr. Dooley's. For appetizer we had the Curry cheese fries which were very different but very delicious. For my entree I got the Jameson steak which was a steak cooked with onions and a Jameson BBQ sauce served with Mashed potatoes and asparagus. I also had a couple of pints of guiness with this meal. 

4.10 
For breakfast we again ordered room service and I got the same tomato basil omelette as the day before. 
For lunch we went to a place called Stephanie's on Newbury Street. I got the asian barbeque duck sandwich which was good but not great. It was described as pulled duck with napa slaw and baby arugula rolled in warm lavish bread. I also had an Ipswich brown ale here which was very good. 
It was really, really windy out this day and we'd been out all day so we decided to get room service for dinner. The hotel had a sushi bar so we got sushi as well. I got a spicy yellowtail roll and for dinner I got the chicken club sandwich. 

4.11
We had a late start to the day and the first thing we ate was around 3 pm. We went to Legal seafoods, which has been mentioned once before in this blog from our Florida trip. Legal started in Boston and has been expanding across the east coast in recent years. They have turned in to one of my favorite restaurants.  I got some absolutely phenomenal mussels in white wine sauce to start off my meal. They also give you this bread that is always super fresh and hot and delicious. For my entree I got the Wood Grilled Assortment which on this particular day came with Swordfish, Tuna, and Salmon along with 4 grilled shrimp, a bunch of very tasty scallops, a baked potato and broccoli. Awesome meal. 
Since we got a late start to the day again we ordered in from a place called Laz cafe. We split mozzarella sticks and a Margerita Pizza. It was decent but nothing to write home about. 

4.12
We had Easter Brunch at a place called North 26. I had a top shelf margarita which might not have been the best idea. For my entree I had -the beef sirloin with onion bacon jam with asparagus and polenta. Pretty solid brunch on short notice. 
For dinner we ordered room service again and I got an Angus burger with fries. I asked for it medium but it basically came raw and I had blood dripping down my chin. 

4.13
We left Boston around 11 am and headed for Salem to check out some touristy stuff. We had lunch at the Hawthorne Hotel at their restaurant called Tavern on the Green. We split the chicken fingers which came with an interesting BBQ Ranch sauce and I had the raspberry chicken salad.
For dinner we went to a restaurant in New Haven called Brazi's  where my friend Adrienne was working. I had Calamari dish served Brazi style with hot cherry pepers in a light marinara. We also split mozzarella franchese and for my entree I had Chicken Penne a la vodka. A very delicious meal to end the trip.

4.14
Had leftover Penne a la vodka for lunch
Jody made chicken with vegetables and apple sauce for dinner. I went food shopping today also so I can get back to eating well. Last I checked I had lost 12 lbs. so far so only 8 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment